Regional Sales Manager - Northeast
ILLUMAGEAR is a visionary Seattle-based company with a significant product pipeline to improve individual safety in risky environments. ILLUMAGEAR is focused on promoting real improvement in worker safety and bringing innovative products to market that define a new category of safety gear.
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) is an individual contributor role that teams with resources at headquarters, with Distributors, and effectively manages customer relationships to drive new revenue. The primary goal of the RSM is to meet and exceed assigned sales quota. The RSM is responsible for a geographic territory – in this case, Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, western Pennsylvania, and New England (Rhode Island, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine).
The ideal candidate is a bright, self-starter, goal-oriented individual who works well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages prospecting and sales activities
- Identifies and closes opportunities in the geographic territory
- Develops relationships with key distributors and end user accounts
- Executes a Territory Plan to help achieve assigned sales quota
- Performs sales presentations at distributor and end user locations
- Updates and manages pipeline and prepares revenue forecasts
- Coordinates sales activities with other RSMs and VP of Sales
- Coordinates with Inside Sales Representative (ISR) assigned to the territory
- Interfaces with Marketing to coordinate activities within assigned territory
- Travels throughout assigned territory approximately 50% of time
Education and Experience
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years outside sales experience with demonstrated ability to exceed assigned sales quota
- Experience selling into the Utility, Telecom, or Construction industries a plus, but not required
- Experience in Safety a plus, but not required